Once again, we’re bringing you information about the best communities in East Chula Vista with another “Neighborhood Spotlight!” This week, we’re focusing our attention on Otay Ranch, a Baldwin & Sons Community located in the heart of the 91913 zip code.
Otay Ranch is a 5,300-acre pedestrian-friendly community with the latest in community design. Residents in Otay Ranch can enjoy pedestrian parks, walking trails, paseos, and promenade streets along Heritage Towne Center. As one of the newest (and still growing) neighborhoods in East Chula Vista, Otay Ranch offers amenities like no other district.
According to their official website, “Families looking for single-family homes can select from four neighborhoods at Montecito Ridge, an enclave of homes overlooking Wolf Canyon and surrounding Mulberry Park, a private homeowner’s park. Homes in Montecito Ridge have taken on the graceful and enduring architectural style of Santa Barbara. Our newest Village of Montecito is on a mesa between Olympic Parkway, and the 280-acre Wolf Canyon and is designed to blend the best of urban and suburban living. Plans for the village’s bustling core feature a traditional town square, an elementary school, two city parks, a private swim club as well as a convenient commercial center. Three pedestrian parks are positioned throughout the village, giving residents easy to walk to places for recreation and relaxation. A variety of residential options are currently available in our largest and most ambitious village to date.”
Within Otay Ranch, there are several different home designs and floor plans within each community. The established communities within Otay Ranch include Santa Barbara, Villas de Avila, Bocara, Corta Bella, Avalon, Santa Rita, Terraza, and Casitas de Ávila. If you are looking for new construction, there are many options as well: Monte Villa, Cantamar, Suwerte, Signature, Parc Place, Lovina, Tosara II, and Aviare.
Aside from their pedestrian-friendly paths and trails, private swimming clubs within each village, parks and recreational amenities, tot lots with play equipment, multi-purpose fields, picnic area, comprehensive medical center, and a mall for shopping and dining.
Otay Ranch is very family-friendly, meaning there are plenty of activities for people of all ages. Children in Otay Ranch go to several schools, including Heritage Elementary School, Hedenkamp Elementary School, Rancho Del Rey Middle School, and Otay Ranch Senior High School.
Below you’ll find information about each community. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a showing, please give us a call at (619) 322-2262.
- Monte Villa: AVAILABLE NOW! Built by Pacific Coast Communities in 2016, Monte Villa is one of the newest communities that features single family, three-story residences ranging from 2,594 to 3,016 square feet. If you are looking for a home with four to seven bedrooms, Monte Villa is an excellent option for you. There are three different floor plans:
- Residence One is a 4-5 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom floor plan with a two car garage. Prices start at $520,000 and end in the high $530,000’s.
- Residence Two is a 4-5 bedroom, four bathroom floor plan with a two car garage. Prices start at $540,000 and end in the high $550,000’s.
- Residence Three is by far the largest model of the Monte Villa options, featuring a 5-7 bedroom, four bathrooms, two car garage floor plan. Prices, of course, start slightly higher at $560,000 and end in the high $580,000’s.
- Cantamar: COMING SOON! Built by Pacific Coast Communities in 2016 and 2017, Cantamar is not yet available to the public. More information expected in the second quarter of 2017. However, we do already know that this community features single-family residences with homes between 2,459 – 2,895 square feet. If you have a family that requires three to six bedrooms (depending on the model you choose), Cantamar could be perfect for you!
- Suwerte: COMING SOON! Built by Heritage Building and Development in 2016 and 2017, Suwerte is one of the newest projects in Otay Ranch and is not yet available to the public. Although we don’t have all the information (we’ll update you as we hear more), we know that Suwerte feature 2-4 story town homes that range from 1,173 to 2,414 square feet. The building is a beautifully modern, white four-story building with lush landscaping and spacious balconies. If you’re looking for a sleek, smaller option in the Otay Ranch area, these 2-4 bedroom units are an excellent choice.
- Signature: COMING SOON! Built by Heritage Building and Development in 2017, Signature is THE newest community of single family residences in Otay Ranch. We aren’t even sure when they’ll be on the market! From what we’ve seen, these units are unique, featuring large windows, stone entrances, and beautiful landscaping. Each home ranges from 3,344 to 3,605 square feet and has at least four bedrooms (up to six, according to their website.) We’ll let you know about these homes as soon as we receive an update!
- Parc Place: AVAILABLE NOW! Built by Pacific Coast Communities in 2016, Parc Place is one of Otay Ranch’s newest and best offerings. These Spanish-Style, two-story townhomes range from 1,116 to 1,587 square feet. If you’re a smaller family looking for a few different floor plan options, Parc Place is where we should start looking! Here are the layouts for more information:
- Residence One: two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,116 so. ft., 1-car garage, pricing commences in the $330,000’s and ends in the high $340,000’s.
- Residence Two: two-to-three bedrooms, two-and-a-half baths, 1,579 sq.ft, 1-car garage, pricing starts in the low $370,000’s and ends in the high $380,000’s.
- Residence Three: two-to-three bedrooms, two and a half baths, 1,587 square feet, 2-car garage, pricing starts in the low $390,000’s and ends in the low $400,000’s.
- Lovina: AVAILABLE NOW! Built by Heritage Building and Development, Lovina features two and three-story paired homes ranging from 1,561 to 2,476 square feet. These homes are perfect for any family since they range from three to seven bedrooms.
- Residence One: three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, 1,561 square feet, pricing starts at $400,000 and ends in the mid-$410,000’s.
- Residence 1X: four or five bedrooms, three and a half baths, 2,189 square feet, pricing starts in the low $450,000 and ends in the high $460,000’s.
- Residence Two: three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, 1,614 square feet, prices start in the low $410,000’s and end in the high $420,000’s.
- Residence 2X: three-to-five bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, 2,341 square feet, pricing starts in the low $460,000’s and ends in the high $470,000’s.
- Residence Three: three or four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, 2,476 square feet, pricing starts in the low $430,000’s and ends in the high $440,000’s.
- Residence 3X: three to seven bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, 2,476 square feet, pricing starts in the $480,000’s and ends in the high $490,000’s.
- Tosara II: AVAILABLE NOW! Toasara II was built by Pacific Coast Communities in 2016. This development is a traditional townhome development, offering three-to-five bedroom floor plans that span from two and three stories. Depending on what floorplan you choose,
- Aviare: AVAILABLE NOW! Aviare is similar to Tosara II since they are both typical townhomes and offer two-to-five bedroom floor plans. There are many options for the Aviare townhomes depending on what you need as buyers. We’d love to run you through all the floorplans and models if you give us a quick call!
- Santa Barbara: CLOSED OUT! The Santa Barbara Community is one of the newest neighborhoods of homes designed by Pacific Coast Communities. These homes feature open floor plans, high ceilings and interesting architectural details on the interior. Floor plans range from three to six bedrooms, four to five bathrooms, and 2,800 sq.ft to 3,200 square feet. Each of these residences is two stories. Since the sales are already closed out, you’ll have to keep an eye out for sale in the future.
- Villas de Avila: CLOSED OUT! Designed to capture the timeless spirit of this village, the Villas de Avila transport you to the Spanish countryside, where colorful landscapes embrace architecturally inspired duplexes featuring elegant columns, covered balconies and covered porches, Mediterranean tile roof and private courtyards. Floor plans range from three to six bedrooms, three to four bathrooms, and 1,500 to 2,250 square feet. Depending on the space you need for yourself or your family, these residences are perfect if you’re looking for a sale in the future.
- Bocara: CLOSED OUT! One of the latest developments by Heritage Building & Development, Bocara welcomed its first residents to the vibrant community in 2016. Bocara is a stylish yet casual state-of-the-art development. There are three floorplans, which range from three to four bedrooms with two and a half bathrooms.
- Corta Bella: CLOSED OUT! Corta Bella is a unique community of detached homes that blend 2-3 story residences with spacious floor plan and lovely landscaping. The three plans range from 4-7 bedrooms, with 2.5 – 4 bathrooms and a maximum of 2,652 square feet.
- Avalon: CLOSED OUT! Avalon is an enclave of charming townhomes with new one and two-story floorplans ranging from approximately 1,163 to 1,621 square feet with 2 to 3 bedrooms.
- Santa Rita: CLOSED OUT! Welcome to Santa Rita, an extraordinary neighborhood of homes by Heritage Building & Development, where all the comforts of home are combined with the beauty and charm of old world design.
- Terraza: CLOSED OUT! Each home features an entry courtyard that leads into a gracious and open living space on the main floor. Expansive master suites and roomy secondary bedrooms become peaceful retreats away from the busy pace of everyday life.
- Casitas de Avila: CLOSED OUT! Casitas de Avila carries on architectural craftsmanship that was put in place many years ago – romantic balconies, shady porches, sculpted stucco and wood details enhance the homes that grace the tree-lined streets. Floor Plans range from 3 – 7 bedrooms, 2.5 – 3.5 bathrooms.
Regarding schooling, Otay Ranch offers excellent schools within walking distance (or at least very short driving distance.)
Here are three homes available in Otay Ranch:
1014 Red Granite Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91913
Unobstructed views of the mountains from master bedroom balcony! You will fall in love with this beautifully maintained, upgraded home the minute you walk in to preview it. Its corner lot location and walking distance to the community pool are added attraction to this home. It has hardwood professionally installed flooring, granite kitchen countertops, bedroom with full bath downstairs currently being used as an office. Dual stairs give a wow look as well as the huge loft upstairs. A must see!
1618 Quiet Trail Dr, Chula Vista, CA 91915
Beautiful and highly upgraded home. A pleasure to show. Top of the line porcelain tile downstairs, real wood floors upstairs. Seller spent more than $30K just in flooring. Freshly painted, wood shutters and crown molding. Loft upstairs could be 5th Br. with built-in, large kitchen with lots of cabinets with island. Open and large family room with custom fireplace, there is a wine room next to built in BBQ. Large backyard patio with extensive flagstone.
1667 Hillsborough St, Chula Vista, CA 91913
Gorgeous well maintained home located in a cul de sac location! Beautiful masters bedroom & bath, with walk-in closet; Bedroom downstairs has own bathroom. Upstairs loft & laundry room; Upgraded kitchen counter tops.Custom painted throughout with crown moldings. Beautiful concrete backyard. This one won’t last! Bonus: Solar panel system installed that saves you money!